Authentic Italian food can be hard to come by, and sometimes it feels like those old family recipes can take hours of prep time and plenty of slaving away in the kitchen.
These days, no one has time for that – pandemic or no pandemic! And besides, savory dishes that get people talking shouldn’t need hours to prepare.
In fact, as long as you have the right high-quality ingredients imported from the Old Country and the right vegan Italian recipe, culinary perfection can be achieved, and with less work than you would expect!
Even on your busiest night, you can easily prepare Italian pasta, such as lasagna and seafood marinara, and have it taste just like how Nona used to make it.
For an exquisite Black Truffle Pasta that will impress your family, your date or your kids, try using Totarella & Sons Black Summer Truffle carpaccio. Your vegan black truffle paste has never tasted so good!
What is Black Summer Truffle Carpaccio?
Carpaccio is an Italian word that usually refers to sliced beef or fish hors d’oeuvre served with a sauce. In this case, Black Summer Truffle carpaccio consists of thinly sliced mushrooms marinated in extra-virgin olive oil, a vegan alternative.
The Black Summer Truffle Carpaccio from Nini & Deluca contains hints of garlic and hazelnut combined with the exuberant flavor of wild mushrooms. These plant-based goodies can be used as an hors d’oeuvre or added to meals as a delicious seasoning.
Black Summer Truffle carpaccio makes for an excellent substitute when you can’t find fresh truffles to put in your traditional Italian food. And not only is the the olive oil a simple and healthy addition, it can also be used on salads, fish, pizza dough, risotto, and any type of potato.
Plant based dishes truly come alive with Black Summer Truffles, taking your vegan Italian recipes up a notch.
|Did you know that truffles are a great source of minerals, including copper, iron, potassium, and calcium? That’s just one more reason to include them in your diet.|
When used in cooking, remember: Black Summer Truffle carpaccio has a strong earthy flavor and must always be added towards the end of cooking to retain as much truffle flavor as possible in the dish. Cooking it for too long will make it as boring and tasteless as pasta without sauce.
Also important: Once you’ve opened the jar, make sure to refrigerate it. It will last for several months, but over time, the flavor will fade and the truffles will become more firm.
How to Make Black Truffle Pasta
There are many vegan Italian recipes out there, but for this one, a dairy-free cashew sauce pairs well with the Black Summer Truffle carpaccio. In fact, you only need three ingredients to make cashew cream!
Black Truffle Pasta is one of the vegan Italian recipes that is easy to make. It requires:
- 5 minutes of prep time
- 20 minutes of cook time
- 2 hours of inactive time (for cashews to soak)
It provides four servings that contain 217 calories per portion.
The ingredients needed are:
- 1 cup of raw, unsalted cashews (These must be soaked in 2 cups of water overnight. If not, soak them for a minimum of 2 hours)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 8 ounces of spaghetti noodles
- 8 tablespoons of Black Summer Truffle carpaccio
- 1 tablespoon of truffle oil
- 4 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
- (Optional garnish) red pepper flakes or ground black pepper
Italian Vegan Recipe Preparation
This recipe has four parts to it:
- Cashew Cream
- Cashew Truffle Sauce
- Combining Pasta and Sauce
1. Cashew Cream
- Drain cashews
- Add to blender, combining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 cup of water
- Process on HIGH for 2-3 minutes or until they are creamy
- Add water if the mixture is too thick
- Boil a large pot of water
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and 8 ounces of spaghetti noodles
- Cook for 10-12 minutes to ensure pasta is al dente or until fully cooked
3. Cashew Truffle Sauce
- Add cashew cream to a large non-stick pan
- Bring to a low simmer
- Add truffles and truffle oil
- Whisk for one minute
- Remove from heat
4. Combining Pasta and Sauce
- Drain pasta, but keep one cup of pasta cooking water on the side
- Add pasta to the cashew cream and toss to combine
- Add a few tablespoons of pasta cooking water to thin out sauce
- Serve and garnish with chopped basil and red pepper flakes or ground black pepper
This easy to make Italian cuisine is the kind of vegan food that everyone loves. Buon appetito!
Make All of Your Favorite Dishes with Nini & Deluca
Food preparation will always be an event that brings people together because it’s a time to enjoy each other’s company and feel a sense of connection. Good food enhances that experience. With our wide array of Italian seasoning ingredients, including black oro oil and white truffle oil, you can make every meal delicious and memorable.
From lasagna to pizza to spaghetti and meatballs, make your vegan recipes with our help. Order today!